Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     09 May 2010

Learning mediation

Dear Advocate friends,

For an advocate, client's interest is supreme. Let us make  an introspection as to  how the client's interest  can be best protected,  particularly in family disputes. Is it only through winning legal  battle ? Apart from pursuing legal cause of the client according to his instructions, we have social obligations also. Let us protect and nurture high traditions of our culture. Let us save families through mediatin and alternate dispute resolutions.

In this thread I will provide some web links regarding mediation :

https://www.mediate.com/

Learning

7 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     09 May 2010

Here is another link :

www.gama.com

There are much more addresses in my directory. I will post them if considered useful by learned friends at this forum.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     10 May 2010

Sir, thanks and regards for keeping such type of supreme thought. My good wishes will always be with u .

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     10 May 2010

With due respect to Dr. Tripathi, I take the liberty of submitting that we are treading the path of fantasy. With cut throat competition even in legal field, which lawyer will think of the "social responsibility". The thought is pious, its implementation beyond the realm of ground reality.

Sir, from your earlier postings also in LCI, I can imagine that  you have the innate trait of a gentleman lawyer. But, I am sure, you will bear me out that with the value system in the society having undergone a sea change, the concept of  "mediation" is far fetched. Most the family disputes arise out of ego, over ambition, greed, extra marital affairs, economic independence, breakdown of joint family system and marriages of such incompatible couples go beyond redemption.

Daksh (Student)     10 May 2010

Kudos Mr.Anil Agarwal and Dr.V.N.Tripathi,

It is evident from your posts that even a small drop in the ocean matters a lot - a positive however small is always a welcome thing.  We should concentrate all our energies to best of our abilities for something positive and collectively there will be a big change in society.  Optimism always prevails.

Best Regards

Daksh

niranjan (civil practice)     10 May 2010

I agree with Mr. Tripathiji. But I am sorry to say that  Advocates are interested in dragging the litigation and some time  compromise efforts are not allowed tobe finalised,if the advocate thinks that his case is strong and there is no need of compromise.So it is better to keep positive approach but it is more better if such negative approach is not adopted.

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     10 May 2010

Abraham Lincon :

"Discourage litigation, persuade your neibours to compromise, whenever you can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real looser - in fees, expenses and waste of time. As a peace maker, the lawyer has a superior opportuinity of beeing a good man. There will still be business enough."

denketh (mediator)     23 November 2010

Hello Dr. V.N. Tripathi,

The thought of you is so wonderful and appreciable. The lines said by Abraham Lincon that you got is true and its a nice reply to the earlier post.

mediation Jobs
mediator Jobs
career in mediation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register