LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sagar   01 August 2018

Live-in relationship

One of my unmarried friend was in live-in relationship with a separated woman, who after living 3 years together filed divorce from his husband. After divorce both were living in live-in relationship, where lady had a daughter with her husband. After 2 years they had a baby girl. All four were living under one roof like a family. But due to some family dispute, one day lady left his house with her first child and leaving my friend and her baby and went to her mother's house in different state of India. Its been over 4 years now they are separated. Kindly suggest that in this case, what my friend should do? Can he marry to someone else or not? Any complication in his future life?

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2018

Apparently the said man as in query was never married as per customs of the community and provisions of applicable personal law.

But he has a biological daughter from the said Lady. The mother can come back for her child. She may even claim that they were married.

If a lady can accept marriage proposal and him and his child then he may be able to have successful married life.

Nevertheless he may approach a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family matters   and well versed with latest citations, LOCAL applicable rules/laws/ … and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt…..and give inputs in person and  show the documents/evidence for a considered opinion..and become properly informed.

At each location three are some counsels that specialize in such matters and they are well known.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL Family/Civil courts, HC, SC……

(Guest)

If you follow Shri Kumar Doab's aadvice you will go to jail.  Beware.

Sagar   02 August 2018

Sir, please suggest what should do in this case. As my friend want to start his new life.

Sagar   02 August 2018

Sir, please suggest what should do in this case. As my friend want to start his new life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register