Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ronit   28 July 2018

Taken mutual divorce without ex-wife parent information. Can they create problem

Due to continuous problem since beginning of our marraige and lots of failure effort to stay along, I and my ex-wife agreed to take mutual divorce and decree awarded by family court in june 2018 with fixed monthly alimony for lifetime and custody of child (10 years old son) to her. However, she had not involved and even not informed her family about this divorce and also stopped me to reveal this to them. Now, i have planned to remary in Nov 2018 . But, I am in fear that whether not disclosing about mcd to her family can create any problem to my new family life or otherwise. Here, it is pertinent to mention that no cheating, coercion was involved in this whole mcd process and I tried my best keep everything clear to her reg. this. I have also recorded our calls some video clippings discussing on this matter. pls suggest or guide

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)

If she backtracks just to trouble you or wants you back, you will have tough time to convince people around you that she actually agreed for MCD. Anyway you have played. Keep playing. What use worrying now???

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     28 July 2018

In one of my case where similar facts only there was no child of the couple, they went for MCD from Family Court Gurgaon. The divorced wife didn't inform her parents for complete 1 and 1/2 years and continued living in the same house of her divorced husband. On pursuance by the divorced husband she one day went and told about the divorce that was done long back and after that what big explosion took place that the divorced husband had to shell out Rs 20 Lakhs and further court proceedings to get rid of the woman and her parents. Rest you have done the same mistake by not insisting at the time of divorce to inform her parents about all this and now you propose to get married again in the month of November, 2018. God bless your soul, this what else I can say here.

ronit   28 July 2018

Thats why I have kept everything recorded reg. her discussions with her in video or call mode. Can they appeal or can take any legal action

ronit   28 July 2018

Thats why I have kept everything recorded reg. her discussions with her in video or call mode. Can they appeal or can take any legal action

ronit   28 July 2018

Clearly mention in decrew that she will not have right for movable or immovable and both of them can remarey after divorce. I am getting married in nov 18, after appeal period. And wherever the matter that to convinxe people reg mcd genuinity and her insistance of not disclosing divorce to her family, i have all recorded video and audio discussion with her in this respect. Pls guide.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     28 July 2018

Best is to inform them now about the divorce that was finalized in June why wait till November. All these things which are mentioned in the divorce judgment/order was there in my client's case too but that was not sufficient to convince the parents of the ex-wife. They insisted why they were not informed when the divorce was proceeded in the Family Court. Appeal period is not for divorce by mutual consent through Family Court so there nothing like appeal period for which you are waiting for remarriage. You made mistake by not telling your ex-wife's parents about the divorce, at least now tell them when things are over with decree of divorce between both of you in the Family court where she has stood as her own witness with regard to free consent for divorce before the presiding judge.

ronit   28 July 2018

What precautions i should take while informing her parent about divorce.

ronit   28 July 2018

What precautions i should take while informing her parent about divorce.

ronit   29 July 2018

However, I have decided to disclose them in Sept 18 just after the expiry period of so called Appeal Period, so that they couldnt appeal. And will marry in nov 18 after settlement of all this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register