Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Since 1990 (Other)     07 May 2010

Registration of previous agreements

Dear Sir,

I have a property which I purchased in 1993 from an individual and this individual had purchased the properly in 1984 from the builder.

Now I am planning to sell this property. All the stamp duty of the property has been paid in the Amnesty Scheme. But the agreement has not been registered as earlier no one used to really register agreements.

Now the buyer says that I have to get the agreements registered to sell him the flat, as he is applying for a loan. Do I really need to register the agreement or is it ok if I dont register the old agreement ?

If yes how should I go about ? Also I can register the agreement which I had with the person from who I bought the flat but, how to get the 1984 agreement registered which is between that person and the builder ? Or agreements before 1985 do not require registration ?

Also my co-operative society was registered in 1991 so does that mean I do not need to register the agreements ? As per The Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Act, 1960. Under Section 41 of the Maharashtra Co-Operative societies Act, 1960, the provisions of clause (b) and (c) of sub section (1) of Section 17 of the Registration Act, 1908 

Thank you,

Regards

Arjun

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register