Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BB   18 July 2018

How to separate from my parents legally

Hi Every one,

I am girl, 25 year old, now married to a man with good family.

Brief about me:

- I was born in a small family and i was raised by parents. During my teen my parents were more supportive. Later i completed B.Com and started my careed in a reputed privae company. When i was 25 my parents started looking groom for me and found a very good guy.

Brief about my husband & his family:

My In-laws are really really good and they never demanded any money or dowry because they also raised up slowly with lot of struggle and my husband had put lot of efforts by himself by working in other contries to rise their economical situation. They are living peacefull life at their village and they are having very good reputation in the area also.

Current Issue:

We both families are fom different area and our formalities are different in nature. When the marriage talk was initiated my parents were started giving false commitment that we are going to do very big ceremony of engagement and other things like Divali & pongal give & takes. When my marriage was done, nobody came along with me to my husband house, i was all alone, it was a very  big shame for me. And my husband family also never expected this. Post that I got conceived and my parents never talked with me through phone also for a longer time. When my husband planned for my baby shower function he invited my parents as well. The baby shower ceremony went well but at the end my mom was asking me to come with her to their home but i was not interested becuase for the last 9 months my husband took care of him in every moments. And for my family we don't have any home to stay and no income for my father also. Before the baby shower function itself my husband said to  my mom is that " your financialy situation is bad so taking care of my is going to be burden for you, so i'll take care of my child birth at my home  itself". Bug my mom felt the i am disagreeing to come with her and she felf ashamed and started shouting in my in-law home and went out and called the neighbouor house people and showed herself that she is good person and my husband family is done something to my daughter and they are not sending her with them. 

This moment was very worst and it was not acceptable my in-laws, they felt sick mentally. Becasue of me they are shamed in the village and every body is asking my in-laws that "why are you not sending your daugher-in-law with their parents?" What they will answer, rather answering they becoming speachless becuase i took the decision to not to go with my parents. And my parents are ready to separate me form my husband. Such a curel mind people. I never though they will behave like this.

After 2 weeks my mom came again to my house and shouted again which is really not acceptable. Along with that my mom was asking me the jwell that she gave to me during marriage and asking me the certificate to separte from them.

Situation:

I am yet to deliver my baby in a day or 2 but my mom is behaving very worst so I decided to get the legal separtion from my parents.

Ask to you:

Can some one please help me getting it. what is the procedure? to whom i need to approach? as so things.

I wish nobody should not get parents like me!!!

Learning

3 Replies

Sidharth Nair   18 July 2018

The predominant nature of the relationship between parents and children is natural and not legal in many aspects. The children acquire right over the property of the family by the virtue of birth. The parents are also entrusted with the duty of feeding and bringing up their child. This binding is natural and not on the basis of any contract with rights and commitments.
Coming back to your original question, with regard to any property you have to give a declaration by the execution of a release deed whereby you state you dont want any share in their property.
Your parents cant dictate terms to you with respect to separate living and you have the freedom to choose your partner and decide how you want to live your life.
However its a legal obligation to maintain your parents during their life time and old age.

Hopefully this helps.

BB   18 July 2018

Thanks for your response sidharth nair,

What should i do when they come with few of my relatives to my home(husband's home) and making a mess always. This is happening very often due to which my family happiness is completly gone. Can you please suggest something for this situation to make them not to come to my husband's home.

TGK REDDI   19 July 2018

Don't worry.    Most parents are alike.     They're devils.     Only because they're devils, the following proverbs are created:

Maatru devobhava.     Pitru devobhava.     Aachaarya devobhva.

Want to rid yourself of your parents?     Excellent of you.

But you've to show accommodation for them and pay maintenance.

Go to any lengths.    But get rid of them.

I saw many parents who had kicked their parents and who expect respect from their sons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register