LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seenu   11 July 2018

Guardian sold minor assets 24 years ago

Hi Experts, We have a land of 4 acre in my village. This is our ancestral property and it is divided by my grandfather to his sons 4 persons where my father includes in that. During 1994 my father was in abroad and other 3 sons were available where my grandfather allocated 4 acres to fours sons but my father is not available. I was a minor 13 years old, so my mother was appointed as a guardian to my father share 1 acre. Later my mother sold 50 cents to my uncle in 1995 and havent get any approval from court. Since its agricultural land my uncle bought for his purpose. Now I have 2 questions. 1) As a legal heir,Without my father signature, how the land can be divided. is it valid as per hindu act. 2) Can i move to court to get the 50 cents which my mother sold to my uncle.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     11 July 2018

Who had appointed your mother as guardian, if your mother was appointed by court then she can only sell the property only after taking permission from court.

By any other means sell is not valid.

By now there will be limitation on the above deal.

Seenu   11 July 2018

Thanks for your reply. Court has not appointed my mother as a guardian. no approvals from court. Whats the limitation now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register