Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LegalFighter (test)     30 June 2018

Will High Court send summon to appear while listing a case after a waiting period?

My CMA and CMP for my sons custody is pending in chennai HC past 10 months. Before 4 months a judge ordered "please post this case before some other judges" because after judges rotation once in 3 months the case came to the same judge and he has no jurisdiction.

So past 4 months my advocate couldn't list the case. And now it's listed last week before other judge. My advocate told that next hearing is on July 6th and judge wanted both parties to be in judges chamber for mediation.

Yesterday I have received a speed post in my native and post man did not give that to my parents,he wanted me to collect it directly since it has chennai court seal and it came from chennai Court. I was out of station for my work and I could go back to my native only after 2 weeks.

Please let me know if this is a summon from court fir my personal appearance on July 6th.?

My advocate is telling that normally communication happens to parties thro counsels when counsels are there. Very rarely some judge may ask the officials to send summons.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register