Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Kumar   28 June 2018

Intimation regarding buying a property.

Respected sir,

i want to ask a question regarding intimation after buying a property.
My father is working in Indian Railways as Senior Section Engineer. He has purchased a property in the name of my mother without seeking prior intimation to his office. Can he give intimation after buying of property? If yes, what the procedure he has to follow for completing the official formality.

Learning

6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     28 June 2018

There is no need for prior permission.

So long as he has purchased from out of his tax paid/accounted money, or through Housing Loan, he need not worry.  Having purchased the property, he can intimate through ordinary letter, his superior/controlling officer.  (Proper acknowledgement may be taken).  That is more than sufficient.  Nothing to worry at all.

Ashish Kumar   28 June 2018

sir my father has taken loan from his office and rest of the amount has been arranged from our family savings on which tax has already been paid.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 June 2018

Your father has taken loan from his department for purchase of house and hence there is no problem.  However he can inform the fact of purchasing house from the amount of loan and personal savings to record the same in his office records.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     29 June 2018

I have following points:

1. If your father had taken loan from his relatives, then he cannot say that he purchased the property from loan + his personal savings. 

2. If your father had taken loan from his office, then the office will itself ask your father about the purchase of the house.  In any case, your father can simply submit that he has purchased the house.

3.He need not indicate how he funded i.e. office loan + loan from family members etc.  That can be explained only if the office specifically asks for such information.

Ashish Kumar   29 June 2018

thank u so much for giving such advice sir

Ashish Kumar   30 June 2018

sir, I want to ask one more question please.
If my father does not intimate his office regarding buying of property because property is in the name of my mother who is house wife, but she is dependent on my father, then is any problem in this?

filing of Income tax return in this regard is necessary? if yes, who will file the ITR, my father or my mother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register