Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

richa   25 June 2018

False employment claims on me - is it a crime?

Hi,

I am a practicing CA. In the past i had worked with a PSU accounts department- Indian oil for 2 years before joining a top startup company as full time internal audit team. Of late one of my senior is harrassing me and making false complaints to ICAI, simply so that I get a bad name. He is saying i never worked in Indian oil and saying I am lying about working at Indian oil. I have all details including employment letter.  

I wish to know if this is a criminal offence? Is making wrong claims about PSU employment an offence under any particular PSU Act?

Thanks  

Learning

1 Replies

Vikas Tiwari (Advocate)     25 June 2018

By making false complaint / allegation your senior is trying to defame you, if he has intentionally acted in a way that harms or ruins your reputation then you have a legal right to protect you..... 

Question is if you really want to take action against your senior...... because it will definitely affect your profession life in your currect organisation..... if you really want to take action then you have a option to take legal action agains your senior by sending a legal notice to him for making false allegation or ruining or damagin your reputation..... this you can do with the help of some good lawyer....

Best of luck....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register