LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ridhi   20 June 2018

Behavior in organisation

Case is I am from North India and working in Chennai.
Organisation people are not very accepting and it has been 7 months I am working here, as a profession I am a Internal Auditor and can understand they can't be close to me because of my professional limits.

I find their behaviour disrespectful and annoying. They keep me isoloated and never involve.

The Director has nature of shouting and HR here passes sarcastic comments. 

It moved to an extend that HR commented me I am trespassing their bay area. 

Yes it is small issue but mentally challenging because I am not from this city and they being a global organisation prefer talking in Tamil rather than English.

Learning

4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     20 June 2018

You have to adjust and not THEY.  if they talk in Tamil, they are talking in tamil amongst themselves. Certainly not with you.  With you they will definitely talk in English.  In any case, all that you will be asking them for your internal audit purposes is vouchers and documents.  In case you need any clarification, only in that circumstances you will be asking them for clarification that's all.  

Better discuss your problem with HR and explain your difficulties.  Your doubts and apprehensions may vanish!

In any case yours is not a legal problem.

Ridhi   20 June 2018

Thanks sir, I know they don't have to adjust with me I have to but respect is two way process.

I know its not legal matter but it has some mental stress.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 June 2018

In a sense IT is good that you are involved in any un-useful gossip.

The HR, legal personnel may want to avoid entry in their workplace/workstations.

In Global era one should learn to adjust in professional environment at any location.

If you wish you may learn Tamil.

There are many persons from various parts of India in any city and likewise from any part of India in any metro city…

Many of them might have formed groups/forums to interact and pass time in useful/productive/re-creative manner and help each other. After office time one can interact with others..

Such issues are best avoided at workplace and any altercation be avoided.

There is NO legal angle in the matter and NO legal remedy.

Avoid getting carried away and wearing stress on trivial issues..

Ridhi   21 June 2018

Thanks for your valuable comments, I understand it is Global enviornment and we should learn to adapt so is for them :)

I have been trying hard but since we have issues it never gets productively materialised as it should and I also understand its OFFICE and not home we can't expect everyone to be cordial.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register