LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Palash Mukherjee (Executive)     13 June 2018

Ignoring dnd registration by a telemarketer

I had DND registered my mobile number long time back to stop receiving unsolicited sales calls from telemarketers. However in the last 5 years, there is a particular telemarketer who keeps calling at this number every now and then creating enough disturbance and this is unsolicited of course. The said marketer has been told repeatedly not to call this number as it is DND registered and to strike off the number from database which he has not done. I complained to the service provider AirTel who disconnected the particular number of telemarketer but then the marketer keeps calling from every other/new number frequently. Is there is any legal proceeding i can initiate against the telemarketer and if so under which Section of the IPC? 

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 June 2018

Register the complaint within three days of receipt of the unsolicited commercial communication

CALL 1909

Convey the following details

a. Particulars of telemarketer
 b. Sender number or Sender ID
 c. Date & time of message received
 d. Message content

A unique complaint number will be provided and you'll be informed of the action taken within 7 days

Palash Mukherjee (Executive)     13 June 2018

These things have already been done. PLz read the total issue. The said telemarketer has continued disturbance from newer numbers every now and then. it cannot be and endless and useless dnd complaints being registered by me. Is there any legal scope of penalizing the telemarketer from my end??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register