LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasanna (Software Engineer)     02 May 2010

Property Dispute between Brothers

My father, his elder brother and his younger brother..all the 3 used to do joint business i.e. Kirana shop. 3 of them together used to run 2 different shops at 2 places for 15 years. The properties they earned during this were registered under each of their names, few were registered with 3 of their names together. Due to few fights, they got separated and my father got few properties which are under his brother's name. They have written all this in a normal white paper ...like who got which property etc...this paper was signed by my father and his brothers and als few people whom they 3 of them know as witnesses..Actually all the original documents are with his elder brother..Now my father's elder brother is not accepting for that agreement. How should we proceed..Is this paper accepted when we go to court....Please help us.

Learning

8 Replies

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     02 May 2010

as all the properties are acquired out of the earnings of joint family busineess, the same shall be treated as joint family property and all the brothers are entiled to equal shares. A contention can be raised that the white paper on which the properties were distributed is memorandum of oral partition and it does not require any registration. So let you father, file a suit for partition

Kiran P.V

Legal Consultant, Hyderabad, Ph;9490127914

Prasanna (Software Engineer)     02 May 2010

Thank you for the information....  If possible can u please elaborate in detail about what you said......

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     10 May 2010

Do you have any proof that all the properties were acquired out of joint family business?

Prasanna (Software Engineer)     10 May 2010

yes...

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     10 May 2010

Then let every legal heir get his share through court.

Prasanna (Software Engineer)     12 May 2010

I have few concerns to go to court

(1) I heard that it takes many years to get resolved. Can you please tell me how much time would it take if i go to court.

(2) Even if it takes much time...will there be immediate action like no body should use the properties till it gets resolved etc...because right now we get rents for few properties and only my dad's brothers are taking it. my father is losing it in that way too.

(3) All the properties earned during this joint business, few properties are on combined 3 brothers names, and few are on individual names. If my father goes to court, how will the court distribute..will it put equal shares to 3 brothers or will it just give the property to whose name it is assigned to each brother..

Please let me know....

Shilpa (Hr executive)     17 April 2013

Mr.Prasanna,, I am facing the same situation. Pls help me too..i hope you can undertand my feelingS now..

I have the same 3 concerns you mentioned above.. By now,you would have proceeded.. How is it ,, Will it take many years to get resolved.Pls REPLY

-- SHILPA

Shilpa (Hr executive)     17 April 2013

Mr.Prasanna,, I am facing the same situation. Pls help me too..i hope you can undertand my feelingS now..

I have the same 3 concerns you mentioned above.. By now,you would have proceeded.. How is it ,, Will it take many years to get resolved.Pls REPLY

-- SHILPA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register