LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MANOJ SINGHAL   12 June 2018

Gratuity

Dear Team, i just want to know the actual entitlement of gratuity because i have recently resigned from my post after my 4year 11months tenure and when i have asked them about the gratuity so they said that gratuity will be given after 5 years completion so please let me know even in this company 6 days working. i have joined on 26 june 2013 and resigned on 31 may 2018.

Learning

7 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     12 June 2018

You are eligible for gratuity.

Instead of enquirying here and there and wasting time, please submit your claim for gratuity in prescribed form in time and take proper acknowledgement for the same.

You will hear from the management soon in writing.

Thereafter you can decide the future course of action depending upon the response.

Deepak B   12 June 2018

Hello sir, I have got a new job where the joining is in 1 month. In my current company offer letter nothing was mentioned for notice period and neither I was conveyed any clear notice period. Now when I resigned they are saying that the notice period is for 2 month. Can you please help me out with this. This is a private sector company.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     12 June 2018

Dear Sir,

Please note that as per your DOJ and DOE your total service period is 4 years 11 Months and 5 days which is clear that you are already eligible for gratuity. Please convey this message to your HR with all folded hands asking him/her to pay the gratuity in an amicable way!

MANOJ SINGHAL   14 June 2018

Dear sir but on the govt. site says that minimum 5 years are required for the gratuity entitlement.

please suggest how can i get my gratuity amount and please share form also.

MANOJ SINGHAL   14 June 2018

Dear sir,

I have already discussed with them but they denied for the gratuity and said that minimum 5 years required for the entitlement of gratuity in delhi please suggest.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     14 June 2018

Please don't get into the machinery interpretation by referring to only one single source. You need to refer case laws and definition sections of the Act as well. It is already settled that gratuty eligibility will be 4 years 240 days. 

Please listen what is suggested to you! 

MANOJ SINGHAL   15 June 2018

so please suggest what to do?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register