Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dilip Bhyrav   26 May 2018

Can registered Gift deed be cancel by donor alone

Hi
My grandfather have a son and a daughter. My grandfather now gave his own earned house property as a gift deed to me and my brother. And it is registered and khata transferred. But after couple of months grandfather has misled by his
daughter and he is asking the property back and we are not ready to give it back. so they are trying find a way to cancel the registered gift deed or to take back the property. So my question is that is there any way or possibilities for them to revoke or cancel the gift deed. please suggest.
Note: All the property related documents are with us and they don't have any documents.

Thank you

Learning

10 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     26 May 2018

Now it is very difficult to cancel / revok the gift deed. 

Ok....Difficult means they have the way under the law?

Ok....Difficult means they have the way under the law?

Ok....Difficult means does they have any other way under the law?

K Rajasekharan (Advocate)     26 May 2018

A gift deed in regard to an immovable property already registered in favour of the donee and accepted by him/her cannot be revoked as per the Transfer of Property Act by the donor alone - unless it is a conditional gift as provided for in the law and that is not applicable in this case.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     26 May 2018

Once a property has been transferred through registered gift deed by donor and. accepted by donee ,can't be revoked .Donor has to file civil suit for cancellation of gift deed before civil court.
1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     26 May 2018

Once a property has been transferred through registered gift deed by donor and. accepted by donee ,can't be revoked .Donor has to file civil suit for cancellation of gift deed before civil court.

Does the filing Civil suit against donee can be done without informing/noticing the donee?

Since they are influencing by third persons now they are making the statements as the documents has been signed by Scaring/Making them afraid kind of things. Though everything was done by donors will and donors interest only. Now they are lying. How this will affect now? What are the ways for us?

Since they are influencing by third persons now they are making the statements as the documents has been signed by Scaring/Making them afraid kind of things.
Though everything was done by donors will and donors interest only. Now they are lying. How this will affect now? What are the ways for us?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register