LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narasimharao   23 May 2018

Gift deed query

My father has gifted his own earned property before 10 years to me (younger son).I have one brother and no sisters. Before 2 years my father again cancelled the registered gift deed property without informing to me. My father has been passed away last year. I came to know recently through my brother verbally. Kindly let me know the original registered gift deed property of mine is still valid or not. If possible

Learning

4 Replies

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     23 May 2018

if ur father has cancelled said gift deed before his death then now it is invalid.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 May 2018

Which personal law applies in your case?

Or are you all Hindu?

Confirm!

The gift is complete the moment donor has gifted and donee has accepted the gift.

Hope you took possession and mutated the property.

Unilateral cancellation of gift deed may have NO legal force.

Valid/registered gift deed of immovable property can be cancelled by both donor and done by appearing before registering authority.

Or court alone can revoke the gift deed on valid grounds.

Rest full details of the matter may open after your brother approaches you or lawyer or court with docs and facts..

Then you can also approach another very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil matters and having successful track record ….. and worth his/her salt …for help and guidance after considering all docs, inputs in person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register