Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ddeeptanujit Datta   06 May 2018

dying in harness case

I just wanted to ask that,
my friends father passed away 4 mnths back and his mother is a pantioneer so would he get his fathers job under yhe dying in harness scheme

Learning

1 Replies

Vanshika Kapoor   16 June 2018

The object of the Scheme is to grant appointment on compassionate grounds to a dependent family member of a Government servant dying in harness or who is retired on medical grounds, thereby leaving his family in penury and without any means of livelihood, to relieve the family of the Government servant concerned from financial destitution and to help it get over the emergency. The scheme provides help to:-

2. TO WHOM APPLICABLE

To a dependent family member –-

(A) of a Government servant who –-

(a) dies while in service (including death by suicide); or

(b) is retired on medical grounds under Rule 2 of the CCS (Medical Examination) Rules 1957 or the corresponding provision in the Central Civil Service Regulations before attaining the age of 55 years (57 years for Group ‘D’ Government servants); or

(c) is retired on medical grounds under Rule 38 of the CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972 or the corresponding provision in the Central Civil Service Regulations before attaining the age of 55 years (57 years for Group ‘D’ Government servants); or

(B) of a member of the Armed Forces who –

(a) dies during service; or

(b) is killed in action; or

(c) is medically boarded out and is unfit for civil employment.

Note I "Dependent Family Member" means:

(a) spouse; or

(b) son (including adopted son); or

(c) daughter (including adopted daughter); or

(d) brother or sister in the case of unmarried Government servant or

(e) member of the Armed Forces referred to in (A) or (B) of this para,

-- who was wholly dependent on the Government servant/ member of the Armed Forces at the time of his death in harness or retirement on medical grounds, as the case may be.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register