Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankur Garg (Company secretary)     21 April 2010

INVESTMENT IN PUBLIC ISSUES/ RIGHTS ISSUES

INVESTMENT IN PUBLIC ISSUES/ RIGHTS ISSUES

(a) Where can I get application forms for applying/ bidding for the shares?

Application forms for applying/bidding for shares are available with all syndicate members, collection centers, the brokers to the issue and the bankers to the issue. In case you intend to apply through new process introduced by SEBI i.e. APPLICATIONS SUPPORTED BY BLOCKED AMOOUNT (ASBA), you may get the ASBA application forms form the Self Certified Syndicate Banks. For more details on “ASBA process” please refer to the “FAQs on ASBA”

(b) Whom should I approach if the information disclosed in the offer document appears to be factually incorrect?

The document is prepared by Merchant Banker(s), registered with SEBI. They are required to do the due diligence while preparing an offer document. The draft offer document submitted to SEBI is put on website for public comments. In case, you find any instance of misinformation/ lack of information, you may send your complaint to Lead Manager to the issue and/ or to SEBI, at this address: Securities & Exchange Board of India, C4 A, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai 400051.

(c) Is it compulsory for me to have a Demat Account?

As per the requirement, all the public issues of size in excess of Rs.10 crore, are to made compulsorily in demat mode. Thus, if you intend to apply for an issue that is being made in a compulsory demat mode, you are required to have a demat account and also have the responsibility to put the correct DP ID and Client ID details in the bid/application forms. You can also refer to FAQs relating to demat available in the URL https://investor.sebi.gov.in/faq/dematfaq.html in the Investor Education section of the SEBI website.

(d) Is it compulsory to have PAN?

Yes, it is compulsory to have PAN. Any investor who wants to invest in an issue should have a PAN which is required to be mentioned in the application form. It is to be distinctly understood that the photocopy of the PAN is not required to be attached along with the application form at the time of making an application.

(e) For how many days an issue is required to be kept open?

The period for which an issue is required to be kept open is:

For Fixed price public issues:     310 working days

For Book built public issues:      37 working days extendable by 3 days in case of a revision in the price band

For Rights issues:                          1530 days.

(f) When do I get the allotment/ refund of shares?

For Fixed price public issues:     30 days of the closure of the issue

For Book built public issues:      15 days of the closure of the issue

For Rights issues:                          15 days of the closure of the issue

(g) How can I know about the demand for an issue at any point of time?

The status of bidding in a book built issue is available on the website of BSE/NSE on a consolidated basis. The data regarding bids is also available investor category wise. After the price has been determined on the basis of bidding, the public advertisement containing, inter alia, the price as well as a table showing the number of securities and the amount payable by an investor, based on the price determined, is issued. However, in case of a fixed price issue, information is available only after the closure of the issue through a public advertisement, issued within 10 days of dispatch of the certificates of allotment/ refund orders.

(h) How will I get my refund in an issue?

You can get refunds in an issue through various modes viz. registered/ordinary post, Direct Credit, RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement), ECS (Electronic Clearing Service) and NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer). As stated above, if you are residing in one of the 68 centers as specified by Reserve Bank of India, then you will get refunds through ECS only except where you are otherwise disclosed eligible under Direct Credit and RTGS. If you are residing at any other center, then you will continue to get refunds through registered/ordinary post. You are therefore advised to read the instructions given in the prospectus/ abridged prospectus/ application form about centers. For more details, you may read subsection on “Electronic Clearing Scheme for Refunds”.

(i) When will the shares allotted to me get listed?

In book built public issue the listing of shares will be done within 3 weeks after the closure of the issue. In case of fixed price public issue, it will be done within 37 days after closure of the issue.

(j) How will I know which issues are coming to the market?

The information about the forthcoming issues may be obtained from the websites of Stock Exchanges. Further the issuer coming with an issue is required to give issue advertisements in an English national Daily with wide circulation, one Hindi national newspaper and a regional language newspaper with wide circulation at the place where the registered office of the issuer is situated.

(k) Where to I get the copies of the offer document?

The soft copies of the offer documents are put up on the website of Merchant banker and on the website of SEBI under Reports/Documents section [https://www.sebi.gov.in/Index.jsp?contentDisp= Section&sec_id=5 ]. Copies of the offer documents in hard form may be obtained from the merchant banker or office of SEBI, SEBI Bhawan, Plot No. C4A “G” Block, BKC, Bandra (E), Mumbai 400051 on a payment of Rs 100 through Demand Draft.

(l) How do I find the status of offer documents filed by issuers with SEBI?

SEBI updates the processing status of offer documents on its website every week under the section https://www.sebi.gov.in/Index.jsp?contentDisp=PrimaryMarket in SEBI website. The draft offer documents are put up on the website under Reports/Documents section. The final offer documents that are filed with SEBI/ROC are also put up for information under the same section.

(m) Whom do I approach if I have grievances in respect of non receipt of shares, delay in refund etc.?

You can approach the compliance officer of the issue, whose name and contact number is mentioned on the cover page of the Offer Document. You can also address your complaints to SEBI at the following address: Office of Investor Assistance & Education, Securities & Exchange Board of India, C4A, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E), Mumbai 400051.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register