winning defamation case against false 498A

Overview:
False 498A filed by wife: Sept. 2013
Acquittal Verdict: March 2018
Got ex parte divorce : April 2018
Religion: Hindu
Wife: Employed
Me (husband): left job

Now, i am planning to file defamation (both civil and criminal) and maintenance case against her. pls advice what are the chances of winning these cases and how much time (approx.) it takes. Are there any other cases that I can file against her?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     25 April 2018

As you said you  are acquitted from 498a then you have valid ground for filing defamation case. As far as time is concerned it depends upon the court where case is filled and how case is presented.

You can maintenance form under section 125 of Crpc.

You can file Perjury section 340  crpc.

Helping Hand ! (Advocate )     25 April 2018

Winning defamation case is very difficult thing to do. You can file a case like suggested above. But results are gauranteed only if deposition of OP defames you. Here you need to establish that you are famed person.  Then comes defaming.  The extent of damage to your public image will be the damages you seek in the case.  To what extent OP damaged your image, that is what you have to prove. Talk to advocate locally regarding this, better to talk to old advocate who knows your case better.

rohan sati   10 May 2018

Thanks for your response. Pls advice if my father can file the defamation and maintenance case against her as I am planning to go abroad. If possible, then any authority or any document is required from my side to autharise my father to do so?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register