LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Munirathnam (Scientist)     19 April 2010

Where to file case against state

Hi All, Hyderabad police filed case against me in A.P saying that I did offence in Karnataka. Then they conducted investiagtion in Hyderabad and filed charge sheet in Hyderabad..... :) Now I want to file case against police...can I file writ in Karnataka High Court .... I found one citation in support of this, that is : IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI SUBJECT: INDIAN PENAL CODE WP(Crl.)No. 415/04 Reserved on: 22.10.2007 Date of Decision: 04.01.2008 In the above writ petition, Delhi resident filed writ petition in Delhi for registering the case in Bhihar ... Similarly can I go for similar writ on Hyderabad police.....

Learning

5 Replies

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     19 April 2010

If the facts of the case are similer then you can file a similar suit too

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     19 April 2010

IF the police try to harrass you by filing case where there is no cause of action, you can file as in the above decision.  You can file a writ petition directly to the Supreem court of India under ARticle 32 if your fundamental rights are curtailed, ARt 14 that is right to equality or Art 21 right to live etc.

Munirathnam (Scientist)     19 April 2010

Thank you Mani.

VENKS (S)     19 April 2010

Hi Munirathnam.

I am also in a similar situation facing false DV, 498a and I would like to discuss it offline.  How can I contact you.

Regards,

ABCDEFGHIJ

Munirathnam (Scientist)     20 April 2010

Check your private messenger ...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register