Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr. Professional (SE)     07 April 2010

Love affair Threatening

Hi Forum,

Mine is a complex case. Please suggest me an appropriate solution.

I work for a popular MNC. I was into a relationship with a colleague of mine. We both wanted to get married and in the process we used to go out together, exchange messages and E-Mails too. Fortunately or unfortunately, we had a physical relationship as well.

We both are from different communities. When the girl's dad came to know the relationship, he stopped sending her to office. Neither she resigned, nor she intimated at office. She has been kept under house arrest. I went and personally met her father alone. He threatened to kill me if I made any attempts to contact her in future. After that, I got in touch with the girl through E-Mails. Also, she secretly sent me a couple of messages from her mobile phone when no one was around. While we both maintained contact over E-Mails and GTalk, she told me that her father is never going to accept the relationship since the communities are diffferent. Since she didn't want to lose the family too, she didn't want to take a decision of coming away from home. However, after a few weeks, she told me that she's suspecting pregnancy and wants to come out of the house. I've told her that I have no objection if she decided to do so. Again, her dad got to know her plans to come out of the house and emotionally convinced her. She being sensitive, she couldn't come out. She apologized for changing her decision and expressed concerns about the pregnancy issue. Meanwhile, I received threatening calls from unknown numbers with reference to this relationship. I told this to my family and we met her dad to sort the issue out. He denied any connection with the threatening calls. My father has intimated her dad about the fact that the girl was in contact with me and we still like each other. Her dad became really serious after listening about the physical relationship we had and said that he won't mind killing his daughter too. He asked our family not to contact him again.

Now, there are few things in this case.

1. Her Dad's very scared if the matter would leak to anyone. He does't want even his own close relatives/friends to know this issue.

2. When I told the girl about the threat I have from her dad, she told me that her dad would "only threaten", but, won't harm. This is there in E-Mail.

3. If at all I try to take the matter public, he would force her to file a harrassment case against me. She clearly mentioned that she would be forced by her dad to lie in such situations.

Now, I am scared about the position of the girl at home. I am afraid if she's safe. Now, legally, what steps can I take so that her dad is brought to justice?

Thanks in advance

Learning

2 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     07 April 2010

Either be prepared to face the consequences or chicken out. One foolish action on your part can ruin so many lives. If the MNC takes notice, your job may be at stake though normally they don't interfere in personal matters. But, if it affects your performance, they might. 

Today, it may be a simple threat. Tomorrow, the situation could turn ugly.

mahendrakumar (marketing)     07 April 2010

dear rohit,

you cant do much in the given situation without the help and cooperation of your girlfirend.

she has to take a bold stand than behaving according to the whims and fancies of her father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register