LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shital bafna (executive)     03 April 2010

property and compensation

I am legally ordered as gurdian of two orphan minor childern related to them as maternal uncle aginast to that of Paternal grand ma.Now both parents of childern died in Accident(my siseter and JIjaji)then paternal grand mother will be also legal heirs for the prperties of her son along with both childern.please specify pateral grandma is heir for the properties of her son only or daughter in law also?is she legal heir for only property only or compensation also (amont recived by motor accident claim) is life insuruance already taken by my Jijaji is property or compensation?my sister dont havr any property n her name bu she will get motor accident compensation.

Learning

1 Replies

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     05 April 2010

The childen being the first class heir of your sister , you are excluded from inheriting any property or insurance amount left by your sister. The paternal gandmother has got equal share in the property and insurance amount left by your jijaji.

However , you being appointed the legal guardian of the children by the court , you can handle the finances in name of the children with the permission of the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register