LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Kumar   15 March 2018

Death Certificate

My father and sister is passed away in 1990 & 1993 respectively. Now I need the death certificate for both. On that time we were no aware about the importance of Death Certificate so it was not prepared. Now , How can I get the certificate as bank is asking the same . Can any one suggest. I do not have Father's / Sister ID card.Please guide me.

Learning

6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     15 March 2018

The bank is asking the death certificate for what purpose?
1 Like

They are asking because we have applied for my mother amount aprox 5 lakh pending with bank and since nominee is not updated. My mom passed away in 2012. Succession is a one way to get the money released but bank has suggested the another way with the entire respective documents. In this case Bank may approve on their decision. I have submitted the entire related documents but since we have given the PARIVARIK VANSAWALI from the block. Every document is verified but since father and sister name was in PARIVARIK VANSAWALI and both are no more so bank wants the death certificate. Since we did not prepared this as we were not aware about the importance of it also on that time my mom was alone an was a kid. Now we are in very trouble and facing issue with it.. In earlier time most of the person does not get this.. This was the problem.. So is there any way through which we can make a death certificate if any provisions would be there. Thanks.
1 Like

We were kid.. Correction in sentence.. Mom was the only person to tc of the entire family and we were kids. We don't have even idea what is happening on that time.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     15 March 2018

Since you say that the amount in mother's account lying with the bank is about Rs. 5 lakhs, (which is more than Rs. 1 lakh), and since there is no Nominee, the BANK has no discretion whatsoever to release the amount to you.

You have necessarily to obtain Succession Certificate.  (That is not the one of the way.  That is the only way).  

You have to approach the Court for grant of succession certificate.

Therefore, approach an experienced Good local lawyer for this purpose.

Sachin Kumar   16 March 2018

Thank for the support but now can you suggest the way for death certificate. Is there any law so that I can go ahead and get the certificate for deceased person.?

Sachin Kumar   16 March 2018

I want to try this method as bank says that we may consider if the documents are available. I know it is not 100% sure but we can give a try... If it is declined then we will go for the succession Certificate. So would request you to please suggest Can we get death certificate or not?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register