LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Property registration query

Dear Experts, Please share your valuable feedback. My uncle purchased a small shop in 1994 in Thane District and stamp duty was paid few years back under amnesty scheme but property is not registered.It was a fresh purchase directly from the builder in a newly constructed building and now it seems builder is not traceable.Hence below query, 1)Property maintenance receipt and share certificate in the name of deceased uncle.Aunty passed away. 2)1 out of 2 sons is having no objection in registering and transferring property solely to his brother. 3)How much time it takes to complete the procedure. In above scenario, could you please expain step by step procedure for registration of property. Thanks & Regards V.V

Learning

3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     28 February 2018

You say stamp duty was paid under Amnesty Scheme. 

To whom the stamp duty was paid?

What for stamp duty was paid?

If it was paid for Registration, then why Registration was not got done?

Now you say that the builder is not traceable.

If the builder is not traceable, how the Registration can be got done in his absence?

Have you consulted any lawyer in your area?

If not, why not?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 February 2018

You have mentioned about share certificate....in deceased uncle's name!

Which personal law applies in this case say; Hindu?

From amnesty scheme and Thane  IT is guessed that said property is in Maharashtra.

Have you consulted any very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity and specializing in revenue/civil matters, well versed with such/amnesty matters and rules involved  and having successful track record  and worth his/her salt.................

What is your counsel's opinion?

(Guest)

Dear Experts,

Thank you for the information...I think my cousin brother managed and got the details of the builder.

Regarding your query, stamp duty was paid at the registrar office in thane but the officer that time suggested to come next week.This happened twice and later my uncle was completely on bed due to health issues.

Now before approaching builder we need to prepare so that we can request him to complete the formalities.

Can you please guide us what documents or formality is required from his end so that we can request him and complete this task satisfactorily and later transfer property to one of the brothers.

Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register