LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jay Bhati   25 February 2018

Cheated my money by Facebook friend

i met a girl on Facebook.then we're friend from 2-3 years.we share our experience of life. and having some trust on each other.one day she asked me money 50k .she told me her reasons ,so i sent her through the online banking.now she is not receiving my call.i don't know about where she lives. I'm from delhi and she is also from delhi. i have call recording, bankstatement , messages.

Learning

17 Replies

mohd imtiyaz   25 February 2018

Go to the police station and lodge the F.I.R. against her. for fraud.

Ajith Kumar   25 February 2018

Y police station

if they gives 💰 they will also start to working

they are govt people's police department how they will support to Us

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     25 February 2018

As such there is no fraud. She demanded money on one pretext and you paid her so no crime was committed. Picking or non picking your phone is a matter of her choice.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 February 2018

Originally posted by : Sidharth Srivastav, Advocate,
As such there is no fraud. She demanded money on one pretext and you paid her so no crime was committed. Picking or non picking your phone is a matter of her choice.

Agreed                   

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 February 2018

Money given to friends and relatives is always a charity in the garb of loan which is given in expectation of refund but always taken with intention of non-refund.

Such loan is taken by a person:-

1. Who lacks business sense and cannot raise funds out of his own business and suddenly wants to be rich.

1. who cannot raise bank loan because :-

Either

he himself is not creditworthy

Or

the purpose for which he seeks loan is illegal

or

the purpose for which he seeks loan is not at all commercially viable.

1.  Who knows he can afford not to refund.
  2. Who trusts his thick skin
  3. Who intends not to refund
  4. Who has made fortification against action of refund.

So he has to find someone who can part with his money. SO he finds a lender near him (friend or relative)

Such loans are given by the persons :-

1. Who has surplus money.
  2. Who displays and boasts of such surplus money.
  3. Who stupidly believe that there will be a refund.
  4. Fails to realise as to why he alone (not bank) is being contacted for loan.
  5. Who has extreme trust on the debtor
  6. who are either stupid or extremely greedy of the unusual (or illegal) rate of interest.

Such loans are always given

1. Without documentation.
  2. Without witness
  3. Without guarantor.
  4. During cordial relations

Soon after giving such loan :-

1. Relations are no more remain cordial
  2. Business started by such money  (easy money belonging to other) invariably fails.
  3. Such loans always sink and not refunded.
  4. Person seeking such refund suffers at legal process.
  5. Person seeking such refund legally or by persualtion is socially criticised.

Jay Bhati   28 February 2018

she told me that she needs 50k urgently.her money is coming from one of her relative then he wasn't able to payment her in time.That's the reason she told me .she will pay me back in 1 month.then she was giving excuses and after some day she is not responding my call and messages

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     01 March 2018

Actually this is a case of fraud only.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 March 2018

How is this fraud.  did she falsify any document to secure payment

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     01 March 2018

It in not necessary to falsify any document in order to make it a fraud. There are confidence tricksters who cheat people without any kind of documents.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 March 2018

WOuld be lucky to be enlightened by Dr Ramani

Is it fraud (not defined in IPC)

or

it is cheating (defined in IPC)

Jay Bhati   02 March 2018

thanks guys but i asked you for solution. now,please tell me that how can i recover my money ?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2018

I feel sorry for the queriest.  actually some persons with little or no knoeledge of IPC  came and decided that it is case of "fraud only".

In this case :-

1. you volunteered to be a fool
  2. you were fooled.

Technically it coul dbe a case of cheating as you were induced to make this payment on a false belif that the person receiving the money has chances of get money from elsewhere to refund your money and that without this inducement you could not have paid.

Now the question is how do you prove that you paid money just on false inducement or why it could not be believed that you were there on to give some  money to her as charity which

1. you are now defining as loan.
  2. now stating loan given on false inducement
  3. loan not refunded.

You have to confront the question :-

1. Why it should not be believed that you paid no money to her and just harassing a lady.
  2. Why it should not be believed that you paid this money as charity and not just harassing a lady.
  3. Why it should not be believed that you paid this money as to discharge a and not just harassing a lady.

If you are not able to  confront these questions successfully then a number of FIRs can be registered against you.

given facts do not indicate any much seccess in criminal case.  rather chances of success in filing civil suit are also limited.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register