LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shradha Sagar   25 February 2018

Changing caste

Hello sir my name is naveen , my age is 25 , I want to change my cast from Sc into reddy is it possible.

Learning

24 Replies

According to the constitution we have right to change our caste

is it possible to change

sir my cast is schedule caste (Holeya) , I want to convert into upper cast like brahmins ,,or lingayat is it possible to convert ,

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 February 2018

The caste system exists in India since very long and the scripttures contain the laws. There are no codified laws for the pupose. Our Constitution is silent on castes  except for the castes in the schedules for the purpose of reservations. If you belong to SC it means your caste has been included in the schedules. If you want to avail reservations you can, subject to applcation and procedures. If you do not want to avail the reservations, you just do not claim. It is not necessary to become a Reddy or a Shatri to forgo reservations. Apart from scripttures and codified laws there are customary laws. For instance you can become a Reddy if the Reddy community accepts you. After you get accepted if one of the orthodox Reddys is willing to give his daughter in marriage to you, your position is confirmed. But how to get youself accepted as a Reddy in the first place. I am unable to suggest. Probably you can go to a new place far away from your present location and claim that you are a Reddy and live there. In due course you may be successful in marrying a Reddy girl also. But remember you will always be sitting on a powder keg.

sir if i go to new place from my present location , i want to marry a reddy girl ,the orthodox reddy is willing to give his daughter , the reddy community accepts me thats secondary ,is it possible to convert

sir if i go to new place from my present location , i want to marry a reddy girl ,the orthodox reddy is willing to give his daughter , the reddy community accepts me thats secondary ,is it possible to convert

Shigaraju S. Raju   25 February 2018

caste is come from your father sir
1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 February 2018

Enough discussion.

you have to live with the facts that cast is acquired or lost by birth so you cannot change caste.  Not atleast above the ground or under the sky.  At no place in  no season.

Originally posted by : Shradha Sagar
According to the constitution we have right to change our caste

You can change religon but not the caste.

You have got enough reply. Caste is decided by birth. There is no conversion. You can convert yourself to Arya Samaj. Then you become an Arya Samajists and not Reddy, Kamma or Raju. Raju Sir caste is not derived from father. The son of a Raju father and a lower caste woman would not be accepted as a  Raju.

I fully partially disagree with the view that "Sir caste is not derived from father. The son of a Raju father and a lower caste woman would not be accepted as a  Raju."  In the eye of law caste is derived from father and father alone as far as reservation status is concerned.  Freom social angle the expression may hold at some places.

Please give me the law and its section, which says caste is derived from father. This is a challenge.

Caste is not derived from father even for the limited purpose of availing reservations.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     26 February 2018

Instead of changing caste make yourself competant person by taking education. Caste change is not possible even after marriage even for woman. Caste will remain same after marriage. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register