Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nishita (others)     18 March 2010

plz advice

hi,

This is nishi the thing is i own 4bhk in a co-operative society  Im staying in the same. I plan to keep paying guests(female) i need to know what are the legalities i need to observe. Please use the simplest form of explaining since i dont belong to this field also mention me the smallest and the most basic thingg i need to do.i spoke to the society secretary/chairman he told me i cannot keep muslim girls which i found a little different since thats not something on the fair end.Was he right about saying that the society members are saying that.Also he denied a permission letter saying we are not liable for the same.

Please help,

Nishi

Learning

3 Replies

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     19 March 2010

In my opinion you need NO permission from society.

Having or not having guest (either paying or not) is your right. The society has no business in this unless it interefers in the affairs of your neibhours or society.

About keeping paying guest, there is no specific rule or law.  It amounts to giving licence to a person to enter and stay in your house. ( you should not call it as lease ). You can show the door to your guest at any time and no prior notice is required. 

In anycase take other precautions before allowing a stranger as guest. 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     20 March 2010

TO :  "nish*ta" :

Please refer to my post dated  "11 February 2010"   at the following link :

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Society-law-Bachelor-tenants-prohibited/14430/

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     20 March 2010

Yes. Mr Hemant Agarwal has given a very good reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register