LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anant   03 February 2018

Shoe rack in a housing society

Good Morning sir, Need your valuable advise on shoe rack. I had made a shoe rack in front of my flat in a registered housing society. The society has sent me a letter to remove it. It is exclusive in front of my flat and is not being used as a common passage. Many flat owners have done wood work in front of their flats for beautification like installing laminated wooden panels and wall papers. To counter I have asked the management committee to get that removed too as this also has been done in the common passage and amounts to encroachment. Could you please guide me if my stand has any legal sanctity.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. SIddharth Jain (Advocate )     03 February 2018

You can reply to said letter sent to you by the society members by an advocate stating your pleas and defense.

Adv. SIddharth Jain (Advocate )     03 February 2018

For detailed legal consultation, contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

r.sankaranarayanan (Official)     04 February 2018

If something is done to beautify the entrance (Not by keeping flower pots etc.) by fancy name plate or lamination as long as there is no protrusion it is OK. Keeping a shoe rack outside the flat is not permitted since it amounts to encrachment on the common area fo the Society. There has been a judgement by the SC that you own only within the threshold of your flat. Outside threshold is common area. The society is right in objecting to this.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     05 February 2018

According to me your demand is justified.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register