Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sree   04 February 2018

Does it really true that court sentence favors for women?

I got married in June 2014 and applied for divorce in 2016. My husband was behind me almost 4 years to get married. After the marriage I came to know he just married me because of my job. I did MCA and working in a MNC. He did MBA but moved software to marry me. I got onsite offer before the marriage.after the marriage I applied dependent visa. By the time of marriage I was in India n he was in Malaysia. I went to Malaysia once for 15 days. After that I came back to India. We used to live separately because planning to go to US once confirmed in my office. Disputes started with in few months of the marriage. My father expired in my childhood and my mother is also little old. I have a sister and her husband is also not very responsible towards family. So I�m only the one who is earning for my n my sisters family. We don�t have any other support too. So husband n his family started torturing me mentally that I did not give any dowry and should not give money to my mother at all. I don�t have any proof for all these things though. My onshore position went in to hold and I had to be in India. In April 2015, I quit my job and went to my native and asked my husband to take me Malaysia. He did not take me and None of his family members came to my home to meet me as I quit my job.Also they fought with my mother that why did I quit my job without their permission n told that I have to do the job. After one month my manager called me and asked me joinback n will send me to US. I joined back n moved to US. I didn�t bring my husband along with me. It�s been 2.5 years that I moved here and talking to him. He is keep sending emails or texting to my mobile but I didn�t respond. I applied divorce in 2017. He contested n doesn�t want to give divorce. So, how long my divorce case can go? I don�t want to stay with him at all. My lawyer said It may take some time. Can anyone if you advice me that is there any way to get the divorce soon?

Learning

101 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     04 February 2018

When you say that you applied for divorce in 2017 - is it in January 2017 or December 2017?  What is the case No? In which court?

Sree   04 February 2018

I did apply in 2017 February at my native Andhra Pradesh. I don�t have the case no at this moment. I can get it and post here. Initially we sent it to their parents, but they did not take it and replied back that he is staying US instead of Malaysia. Later we sent it via email and then he responded. I�m really looking for the justice in my case. I understand with this marriage, in order to get respect at in laws Home girl must give dowry n nice background. Then only they will treat her well, otherwise they don�t even consider the girl. There may be nice in laws. No matter of her n earnings. They also have debts and my husband used to send all his salary to their parents even after marriage. He didn�t tell about his debts before n after marriage too. I never asked him about his salary unless I know about their debts. He answered me �who are youto ask about my salary.. I don�t have to answer u� . Also they told I don�t have rights to ask about their property r debts as I didn�t give any dowry to them. I just need divorce and don�t even want to see their cunning faces. I�m not expecting anything from him too.. Please suggest me on this.

(Guest)

Usually Indian court close eyes and grant divorce if wife ask.

But your case is ulta.

Why? I cant make out without reading papers of your case.

If husband wants divorce, husband is made to pay money to wife through one time settlement or life time monthly alimony and then granted divorce.

In your case if hsuband is not willing to give you divorce, you can simply pay him one time alimony and make him agree to divorce you.

Your marriage is only on paper onw. If you sleep around court wont object, rather husand can get divorce based on this.

In umrica there is free society. Nobody care where you sh*t or who yo usleep with.

WHy yo uare bothered about divorce god knows.

He somewhere. You soemwhere. Marriage already over. Its not that there are kids and you have one headache. Why even bother about divorce?

If remarriage is on your mind, it is  a mistake. Why simply make one more mistake when you could not make this marriage a success. Stop wasting time. You are unfit for marriage. Simply do what you want. There is no solutoin for you in court.

(Guest)

But your case is ulta.

If husband wants divorce, husband is made to pay money to wife through one time settlement or life time monthly alimony and then granted divorce.

In your case if hsuband is not willing to give you divorce, you can simply pay him one time alimony and make him agree to divorce you.

Your marriage is only on paper onw. If you sleep around court wont object, rather husand can get divorce based on this.

In umrica there is free society. Nobody care where you sh*t or who yo usleep with.

He somewhere. You soemwhere. Marriage already over. Its not that there are kids and you have one headache. Why even bother about divorce?

If remarriage is on your mind, it is  a mistake. Why simply make one more mistake when you could not make this marriage a success. Stop wasting time. You are unfit for marriage. Simply do what you want. There is no solutoin for you in court.

(Guest)

But your case is ulta.

(Guest)

But your case is ulta.

(Guest)

But your case is ulta.

(Guest)

But your case is ulta.

(Guest)

But your case is ulta.

(Guest)

But your case is ulta.

(Guest)

But your case is ulta.

(Guest)

But your case is ulta.

(Guest)

But your case is ulta.

(Guest)

But your case is ulta.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register