LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil   03 February 2018

Delaying registration

Hi, I purchased a flat in 2017 from the landowner quota of A reputed project done by grade A builder in Bangalore. All the payment for the flat was done via builder to landowner i.e builder was involved in everything. I took possession of flat 8 months back after completing all payments. I also paid for the registration amount to law firm engaged by builder 4 months back but it seems like landowner is not coming forward to register the property even after getting the complete payment, it seems like he wants to defer registration as much as possible due to tax consequences. What options do I have in this situation as without registration,I don't get the absolute ownership even thou we have an appropriate sale agreement. Property was purchased with loan from SBI . Kindly help..

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Chaudhary   03 February 2018

Hello sir,since your query needs a detailed discussion, it will be more convenient if we communicate via phone....Regards ADVOCATE HEMANT KUMAR,PH;-9654062181

Hemant Chaudhary   03 February 2018

Hello sir,since your query needs a detailed discussion, it will be more convenient if we communicate via phone....Regards ADVOCATE HEMANT KUMAR,PH;-9654062181

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 February 2018

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil matters before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 February 2018

If (land) owner has signed the agreement to sell then he/she should have come forward to register sale deed on fixed date.

Show the agreement to sell, proof of payments made, receipts and all communications exchanged to very able counsel as suggested above for a considered opinion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register