LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Streedhan and final settlement

Dear Experts, my advocate informed me that husband agreed for 3 L full settlement, denying jewellery. I told my advocate my streedhan , Gold n Silver and personal belongings all at his place and are more worth than what he's offering. Streedhan includes : Cash 5 L Gold 30 T Silver 30 T Pattu Sarees 25 Dresses 50 Sandals12 pairs. Branded hand bags n clutches A.C, Fridge, Color TV, Washing machine, Air Cooler, Kitchen appliances, Dinner and Tea imported sets, Bike, Sofa set,Double bed, dressing table, almarahs, dinning table. He said will send my items but never sent. I'm not aware if they exist or condition of them. Please advice experts how to proceed for getting items in final settlement and for recovery of missing items. Thank you. 

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     28 January 2018

You can demand and get all your istridhan if these were purchased in your name, secondly you have sufficient proof that these were in the possession of your husband like his acknowledgement. If these items were given to your husband as gift at the time of marriage than these become his properties that you can't claim back as istridhan. You can only claim those items which were your absolute properties exclusively owned by you and not given to your husband as gift items. Don't confuse the two and make list of your actual owned items which will be your istridhan that you can claim and get back from your husband.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 January 2018

Don’t agree if the T&C are not suitable acceptable.

Ask your lawyer to provide you with a copy of copy of list and proof of delivery and dispatch and acknowledgment.

If you do not trust your lawyer change and engage a very able senior LOCAL counsel specializing in Family/civil matters of unshakable repute and having successful track record………….

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 January 2018

Visit LOCAL courts complex and prepare list of say; 5 top lawyers and chose, yourself. If you have financial constraints visit Distt. Legal Services Authority and avail free legal aid…. The charges of empanelled lawyers are so reasonable….

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register