LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish   15 January 2018

Want to do temple trust.

Hello Everybody, My father has 3 brothers, at my native place my father has made a temple and this land belongs to all 4 brothers. Till now my father has done all expenditures to make that temple. Can u tell me that what is the simple and fast method to make a trust of that temple. And there is no issue from my all uncles to make a trust. 

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 January 2018

The process is simple, if you entrust this to local advocate and he can undertake the entire job on turn key basis.   There may be several temples with hereditary trusts, and simple making a copy and paste in trust deed registeration, bye laws helps in expediting the issue..  Advocates that are dealing in endowments matters and who are more dedicated to such religious activities can justify the job.  You can also give him the position of trustee with such limited powers to protect your interest.

1 Like

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     16 January 2018

Creating a Trust Deed may not be a problem.

But first remember that you have to pay Stamp Duty on the value of the land + constructed portion of  the Temple, when the same is being transferred to the Trust.

Please indicate whether you have taken this fact into consideration, before deciding to create a Trust?

1 Like

Manish   23 January 2018

Thank you very much sir for replying. we contact with local advocates but they are not giving simple and easy guidance. They are also demanding more money for that work. Can you tell me a procedure that i can do it.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 January 2018

Meet any other temple that are already having a trust deed, make minor alterations/modifications and provide it as your copy.  That is the usual practice and in some states, some book sellers even sell such trust bye laws.  Establish contact with any nearby temple.  Do not spend.  I was under the impression that those who sin may fear for god, and wish to wash away those sins with some good deeds or else because this is a work for God, they thank God for giving such good opportunity of serving Him.  I never expected that they demand hefty sums.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register