LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Notice to bank

CAN I SEND A NOTICE TO BANK TO CHECK THE SERIAL NUMBER OF CHEQUE ON THE BASIS OF THE DATE WHEN THE CHEQUE BOOK WAS ISSUED AND THE DATE THE FOLLOWING CHEQUES WERE ISSUED BEFORE CLEARING ANY CHEQUE AS I HAD ISSUED A FEW SECURITY CHEQUES TO PEOPLE MORE THAN 8 MONTHS AGO WHO ARE NOT RETURNING THE CHEQUES AND DUE TO GOOD FAMILY RELATIONS I DONT WANT TO SEND THEM LEGAL NOTICE...

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 January 2018

The details pertaining to cheque book/date of issue/cheques cleared can be checked in a friendly manner with the bank/banker, by a/c holder.

AV Bagur Advocate (Advocate )     15 January 2018

The question formulated by you is highly confusing and does not make any sense. It is not known as to why you are worried about cheques which are 8 month old as they are time barred? Were there blank cheques? Were the cheques issued with your pro note or a covering note? What prevents you from issuing the stop payment notice to the bank?

In addition, there are options under CPC to prevent the cheques from being utilized.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 January 2018

A banjer is only concerned whether the cheque is in order for NIAct and machines do not have logic and relationship.  Please do not blame any bank, while you wanted to maintain your close relationship.  Relationships are not concerned in financial matters and it is not proper to blame the bank to maintain such relationships.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 January 2018

Good comment; ‘ NO relationship in Financial matters’ and when machines are handling transactions record, it is better to maintain and handle relations with bank and bankers, handling the accounts…..

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 January 2018

"Relationship Banking' is in fact Mission of some banks, now many of the customers are not even aware of the location of their bank branches in internet age.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register