LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishi kumar   13 January 2018

Legal expenses claim in family court

Dear experts I am repeating the query as I did not get any feedback on how to argue.  May be my question was not clear.

i have applied for divorce. As it reached the petitioners cross stage, my wife has filed objection  that my petition is not maintainable. Along with that sh e also has filed a memo asking me to pay rupees 60,000/- towards her legal fees. I am earning rupees 15,000 per month and based on that   I was ordered to pay rupees 3000 as monthly maintenance in the DV case. Now how do I argue or object the demand of legal fees? I am not in a position to pay anything more. Kindly give me feed back as I am not at all in a position to pay anything more.

Learning

3 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     13 January 2018

I have provided you the judgement regarding that. 

Have you used that?

Rishi kumar   13 January 2018

Sachin,

i went thro your replies  of my post  " about contradictions in the divorce petition"  but you have  said that first court will decide about the maintain ability of the petition first and then other things are a matter of trial. As usual, Sachin, be kind enough to post links once again.  Cross examination went off well and  my mother was able to elicit what ever information She wanted to from her. Thanks a lot to you for that. 

I filed an objection for the maintain ability in very clear terms. I am yet to file objections for the lawyer fees matter. Will do it on the next date. Thank you 

(Guest)

Two veri great replies.

Hope you wont land in jail. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register