Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashwath   20 December 2017

Axis bank credit card fraudulent transaction- bank is not ready to credit back the amount

Four unauthorized transaction happened on my Axis bank credit card on 27/09/2017 and 29/07/2017 for amount of Rs.20000, Rs.2000, Rs.2000 and Rs.2500 in total Rs.26500. * I have not received or shared OTP to anyone. I have not received OTP and transaction notification also in my registered mobile number. But still transaction initiated and completed successfully. * I come to know about this transaction when I received my monthly statement on 19/10/2017. I blocked my card same day and registered complaint in customer care. All the required documents including FIR were sent to them. * After a lot of follow up call and email now after 60 days of submitting all the documents I got reply as, transaction was initiated with OTP which is sent to registered number. So they declined my case. But I have never received such OTP. * All the transaction was happened in midnight as per bank log. I stay alone in room. So there is no chance of others accessing my phone in midnight. I use nokia basic feature phone which don’t have internet connection also. So surly I have not received any OTP or transaction notification from them. But they are not ready to listen to this. * They have sent me transaction log which includes OTP delivery time, Transaction notification time and IP address in excel format. Interestingly as per the monthly statement which is sent by them twice in different formats says Rs.20000 transaction was done on 27/09/2017. But transaction log sent by them says it is done on 28/09/2017. So data sent by them is not matching. I strongly feel bank is following unethical way to alter the data. * I have used my card only once in 2 years. I am paying EMI of that regularly. I kept card safely so that no one can access it. But still card details, Exp. date, CVV, OTP everything was accessed by culprit very easily. So there must be issue with bank security. * Now bank is telling me to pay the amount and register a complaint in cyber police. Regularly me and my family getting call from their recovery agent. I have complained to banking ombudsman also. But I did not receive any response from them. I am fed up by doing follow up with bank. Bank wants me to pay the amount used by culprit. What should I do now?

Learning

9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 December 2017

Did you ask did M/s Axis Bank reply which is this registered mobile number?

Has this number been changed?

Lodge complaint with RBI as well.

Record all calls of recovery agents.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 December 2017

CC holders should go thru year wise RBI; Master Circular on Credit Card Operations of Banks

e.g;  

https://www.rbi.org.in/scriptttts/BS_ViewMasCirculardetails.aspx?id=9838

https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/BS_ViewMasCirculardetails.aspx?id=7338

There are many threads on  Harassment by recovery agents at LCI that you can search in SEARCH option and download specific guidelines, notifications, judgments…………contact details of RBI officials etc etc

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Credit-card-robbery-amp-fraud-in-china- 94830.asp#.Viimvm5-jMo

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp#.UUc5U0pFZ_4 

Ashwath   20 December 2017

Thank you for reply. I have not changed my number. After i registered complaint and blocked card more than 30 attempts were made to access my card. I informed same to bank also. They said since card is blocked transaction can not be done.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 December 2017

If there were genuine transactions, you pay up the amount. Otherwise do not pay anything. You can file an FIR at the local police station. They may refuse and ask you to file at cyber cell. You can ask the police to file a zero fir and transfer it to cyber cell.

Ashwath   21 December 2017

I have registered  FIR in local police alredy. Its been 2 month now. As I mentioned monthly statement shows 20000 transaction was done on 27/09/2017. But transaction log sent by them shows it was done on 28/09/2017. How it is possible?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     22 December 2017

Have the police really registered the FIR?  Often police fool complainants saying that they have filed FIR, but would not have actually filed. Have they given you copy of the FIR?  If not get copy from them. You have a right for a copy.

Ashwath   22 December 2017

Yes. I have acknowledgement letter of same with GSC number, seal and sign of police station.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     22 December 2017

Preserve them carefully. Do not pay any heed to letters from the Bank or any kind of actions from the recovery agents. Do not have even send any reply to any letter from the recovery agents.  Consumer court will not accept criminal cases. But you can claim compensation for mental agony due to actions of the Bank and their recovery agents.

Ashwath   22 December 2017

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register