Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NameChangeQuery   08 December 2017

Some queries about the name change process in india

Hi,

I want to remove my middle name from my passport so I am changing my name legally. I've read the procedures online but just had a few questions. I am currently residing in Bangalore but my permanent address (as well as current passport was issued) is in Mumbai.

1) I got a notarized name change affidavit last month in Bangalore but it was only signed and stamped by one notary member. Online it says there should be two witnesses/signatures while other websites say just one is fine. Is it fine to proceed with just one? If not, can I just go to another notary public office and get it signed or because it was dated last month, it would not be valid? Should I just start over?

2) My current passport was issued in Mumbai and I have been living there with my parents until college. Now after college I have been working in Bangalore but I don't plan on living in Bangalore beyond the summer of 2018. The newspaper ads have to be in Bangalore right or can they be done in Mumbai?

3) When I am getting my new issued passport, does it have to be in Bangalore? I was planning to do it in Mumbai as that's where my current passport was issued and where my permanent address is. Would it be fine to do it there if my affidavit and newspaper ads are in Bangalore?

Any help/feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register