Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Kumar (Professioanl Social worker)     11 March 2010

threatening by APIO on filing RTI application

Dear All

I am working in a central government department on contract basis. some time back I had filed on RTI appliction in my department. although they had replied the RTI application.

Now the APIO two/ three times have threatened me verbally on account of my filed RTI application. He usually pass comment and threaten verbally me. he is creating problem for me.

in such situation, what are the ways open for me to cope with such situation.
whether there is any provision in RTI act for the safety of RTI applicant?
whether I can take action against him?

please guide me

thanks

Rajeev Kumar

Learning

6 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     11 March 2010

there are no provision in RTI act for the safety of rti applicant.

You may make a complaint to the higher officer of the APIO regarding the same.

since you are working on a contract basis,i doubt in the probability of success in complaint.  only after accessing the risk of losing your job (they may not renew your contract and may terminate your service on flimsy grounds)
you may proceed with the complaint part.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     11 March 2010

mr mahendra kumar's anxity is perfect. please you ask in the thread of rti activist subhash agrawal. in lci.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     11 March 2010

just click the bellow thread. https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Latest-RTI-query-and-reply-from-activist-Subhash-Agrawal/15178/

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     12 March 2010

Complain to:

1. CIC

2. Dept of Personnel & Training

3. Secretary where APIO is working.

4. Contact parivartan.com (Mr. Arvind Kejriwal)

Don't sit and relax. Move and act.

mahendrakumar (marketing)     15 March 2010

Dear Anil Agarwal,

How can he make a complaint in this regard,as the threat is verbal?

Please remember that the complainant is working on a contract basis and how he will be able to prove his case of verbal assault.

Many a time,one may have to sit and relax inorder to save himself from further harm

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     15 March 2010

I still maintain that making a complaint against the APIO would put some sense on other APIOs. In any case, he does not lose anything. The officers carry the hang over of the British Raj and unless constant complaints are made by all of us, they would not be amenable to any law. The problem is that once we get over the problem, we tend to overlook, forget and are advised to let it go. It is happening with every public dealing departments. In the rural areas, they are the lords and our service attitude makes them real lords.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register