Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rupa sharma   05 December 2017

What can i do if my husband is in live-in-relationship?

I live in Chandigarh. My husband left me and started living separately in Mumbai 1 year ago. Last week I came to know that he is in live-in-relationship with another girl and living with her without doing marriage with her. I went to Mumbai and caught him red-handed. I found another shocking news that he also has a baby with her. I can’t tolerate it now. He can’t do this to me. I know I can give him divorce but that is not enough. I want to teach him a lesson and punish him for what he did.

What else can be done against him except divorce? Is there any law for married women in india by which I can punish him? If yes, which court should I go? Chandigarh court or Mumbai court.

Please help.

Learning

10 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     05 December 2017

In Chandigarh court file divorce case against him on the basis of cruelty as well adultery, also make his live in relation woman as the co-respondent. Claim permanent alimony and maintenance from your husband. Claim compensation from the woman for spoiling your matrimonial home. You will require be proof of his adultery, proof of his live in relationship, birth of child and his name as farther. Do collect all these evidence for getting suitable be relief from the court.
1 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     05 December 2017

In Chandigarh court file divorce case against him on the basis of cruelty as well adultery, also make his live in relation woman as the co-respondent. Claim permanent alimony and maintenance from your husband. Claim compensation from the woman for spoiling your matrimonial home. You will require be proof of his adultery, proof of his live in relationship, birth of child and his name as father. Do collect all these evidence for getting suitable be relief from the court.

LegalFighter (test)     06 December 2017

you can only get divorce from your husband and this is not adultery.You husband has rights to live in with any unmarried or widowed girl.you cannot do anything.THIS IS NOT ADULTERY

(Guest)
Originally posted by : tamilinian
you can only get divorce from your husband and this is not adultery.You husband has rights to live in with any unmarried or widowed girl.you cannot do anything.THIS IS NOT ADULTERY

Scoundrel,

You are unfit to be a advocate.  You are giving more men to abuse law and get away with it..

@Raj: If any girls comes for a normal family problem to you, you make them to file 498a and make the innocent husband and his family to suffer and commit sucide.Here whether you are me scoundrel??

Only coz of you kind of advocated 85 percent of false 498a got filed and more innocent men committed sucide.Here scoundrel you or me? Though husband is earning less than wife,only to torture husband,with the help of biased law, you are helping unfit women to get maintenance.,aYou or me scoundrel?

You are not allowed legally as an advocate inside family court, still you are filing vakkalat in FC, you or me Scoundrel?

Lot more uneducated Clients trust you and follow your words because of thier ignorance of law and illiteracy.But some unethical advocates shaking hands with opposite advocates and drag the case for years for thier benefits.here they or me scoundrel?

If you have guts, if you are really honest, first ask your coadvocates who are doing all the above unethical stuffs for money,Then come to me and scold me for the truth I said.YES MARRIED MAN CAN LIVE WITH AN UNMARRIED WOMEN AND A WIDOW.INDIAN LAW CANNOT DO ANYTHING FOR THIS HUSBAND AND ITS NOT A CRIME.

If you are so worried and you have guts at least you should have tried filing a PIL in you state jurisdiction.so you or me Scoundrel??

Think before you speak FOOL!

Rupa, As per Indian law what he is doing is not an adultery.As Mr.Vijay told you can get divorce and file maintenance from him.If you are earning ,your husband will take a stake that you are earning and court will reduce the maintenance amount.You know what happens in your life.Advocates can only advise you legally and take the cases in court.Just imagine, you have to file 3 different cases for Divorce, Compensation, maintenance and you have to spend more time to gather evidences and roam around different courts and spend more advocate fee.Justice is not instant in India.

Think these points and settle your problem amicably with elders.What will you get by taking revenge or teaching lesson to him?Now he is living with other girl and has a baby.will you accept if he comes back? What have you done to him and why he decided to go with other girl?Think in all dimensions and don't waste ur time,money in courts.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     06 December 2017

Dear Advocates,

This is a public form and make comments that the massege of Advocate's behaviour passes on the mass. Please be carefull.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     06 December 2017

I agree with Mr. Vijay Raj Mahajan.

K.D.Ashish (Advocate)     07 December 2017

Originally posted by : SACHIN AGARWAL
Dear Advocates,

This is a public form and make comments that the massege of Advocate's behaviour passes on the mass. Please be carefull.

You are very correct, Learned Advocates must be careful with their choice of words and language. If one has a bad taste in mouth, please share it in private . Here general public also come and look for advice. please don't give half-baked, one sided advices. The first reply is good example of a good advice by Vijay Raj Mahajan, that sets the  standard. Anything below that does not look professional.

Please do consider this point in the interest of other advocates and legal system. 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 December 2017

There is no law in India to punish the man for adultery.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register