Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sivakumar (Consultant)     24 November 2017

Sbi credit card

Hi,

I had a credit card from SBI during 2008, thought to close the card and called customer care, they did not provide any procedure to close the card, hence paid the out standing amounts and destroyed the card.

After 10 years, now recently I am getting call from SBI card saying there is outstanding of 30K, hence mailed to customer care to ask for details and asked that person also, to share the detailed statement, where I spend and how the 30K is arrived, they told they can't provide that details. If not paid they will file case against me. Even if they want I am ready to pay fee for the past statements, but they are telling they can't provide. Please advice how to deal with it.

Again they called and they are threatening that our people will come to home, you have to pay the amount 30K, Please advice how to deal with it.

Learning

8 Replies

anand   24 November 2017

Dont worry, They can't do anything if you did not use the money. They must have debited annual charges on and on ... Just let the matter escalate, their superior will contact you for payment. Then make a settlement and close the card. No way they can sue you for this, Your cibil score may get affected but it can be rectified later. 

or Take a day off, meet the manager of the respective department and close the deal. No use of arguing with low level telecallers and executives. 

Sivakumar (Consultant)     24 November 2017

Thanks Anand, Shall I meet in any SBI Bank?

anand   24 November 2017

I don't think all SBI branches provide card services, Find out in your locality. SBI Card is a different organization, its not wholly owned by SBI. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 November 2017

Record all calls.

Did you use the card after your call to close the card?

Did you use the card after due date of payment of last bill?

While you maintain that last bill was paid; it must mean that last card usage after last bill as also paid.

Mention during each call that M/s SBI Cards and Payment Services Private Limited (M/s SBI Cards) were duly instructed by you in year…..(mention on dated/month/year ) to close and cancel the card and the last bill/ last card usage  was fully paid leaving NO outstanding.

Thereafter i.e. after you call and last full payment, NO bill was ever supplied no NO communication was also supplied by M/s SBI Cards and Payment Services Private Limited.

Hence having explained everything previously also to callers from phone numbers ………………on dated……………by Mr/Ms……….you have left nothing pending at your end. Add that all callers were instructed by you to supply on the letterhead of establishment M/s SBI Cards and Payment Services Private Limited under original seal and signature of competent employee alongwith relevant original bills and proof of dispatch and delivery of all bills  thru registered post from post office…..upon receipt of which you shall handover the matter to your counsels for the needful.

Ask the caller(s) to speak his/her 1st+middle+last name, name of establishment that has employed him/her, address with pin code, phone number with STD code, fax number with STD code, mobile number, email id and also same for his/her Manager and also same for the Manager of M/s SBI Cards and Payment Services Private Limited to whom he/she and his/her Manager, reports.

Ask the caller to stop the calls at once and transact as suggested.

Have you gone thru the card membership agreement?

Was it supplied to you?

Did you acknowledge the receipt?

There is NO need to run to meet SBI official although there is one person in branch that sells cards and handles collection. It might bbe that one person in Head Branch in city handles it and co-ordinates with Card Executives ( may be franchisee/agency) that are sent in all branches.

The person might be getting incentives.

If you ask SBI officials in private and in person they may confide that they have also not been spared from CC menace of M/s SBI Cards and Payment Services Private Limited and they have also suffered.

As per RBI guidelines the Bill has to be SUPPLIED 15days before due date of payment.

GO thru; RBI Maser circular on CC operations of each year of card usage .

https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/BS_ViewMasCirculardetails.aspx?id=9838

If you are perturbed; Issue communication to M/s CIBIL under proper acknowledgment on the matter and advise them that they must not include your name in list of defaulters.

You may also write to concerned official in RBI.

Later you have may approach BO/DCDRF, as per facts and merits.

Settlement is not suggested as it is always an adverse entry and shall always reflect in your credit history and you might be again made to run to pay, without calling back your name from CIBIL and other credit bureaus.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register