Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sheikh (MANAGER)     08 November 2017

Child visitation rights - muslim

Dear All,

A year my wife gave divorce(khula) and  took away my 2 year old Son.  Now he is 3 years plus. Since divorce they threatened me that they will not show me the child. Now my ex wife is married again to another person.  Can i claim the visitation rights and also do i need to pay Interim maintenance of past 1 year when i was not allowed to visit my child. Also is there any fixed  child maintenance which i have to pay or it depends on my income etc.

Another important question is what happens after the child is 7 years, can i get the child custody by default or it depends on the child test if he calls father then it goes to father , if he calls mom then it goes to mother.

So far i didnt see my Son and more over they are threatening that they will lodge false complaints against me if approach for child custody.

Please give  your valuable opinion , comments , suggestions.

Thanks.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : sheikh
Dear All,

A year my wife gave divorce(khula) and  took away my 2 year old Son.  Now he is 3 years plus. Since divorce they threatened me that they will not show me the child. Now my ex wife is married again to another person.  Can i claim the visitation rights and also do i need to pay Interim maintenance of past 1 year when i was not allowed to visit my child. Also is there any fixed  child maintenance which i have to pay or it depends on my income etc.

Another important question is what happens after the child is 7 years, can i get the child custody by default or it depends on the child test if he calls father then it goes to father , if he calls mom then it goes to mother.

So far i didnt see my Son and more over they are threatening that they will lodge false complaints against me if approach for child custody.

Please give  your valuable opinion , comments , suggestions.

Thanks.

You need to pay the child maintenance till the age of 18 years.
You need not pay wife any alimony as she is already re married.
You can file a child custody suit, court will decide the case looking into the matter.
You can also file visitation rights case and seek visitation.

Leaving aside what law says, try to meet and bond with the child even if wife does not permit.  First get orders from court regarding visitation.  I am sure in your town there are prudent lawyers who can achieve this in 3-6 months time.

I hope this satisfies all your questions.

sheikh (MANAGER)     08 November 2017

ok. Thanks for the information. But the last comment what  you said is ' irrespective of laws try to meet the child  and bond with the child" . But this is not possible my ex wife and his parents will again lodge some fake harassment case if i go near by to them. They are like criminals.

sheikh (MANAGER)     10 November 2017

Hello,   i can me to know that they are planning to create some forged affidavit notarised by forging my signature and in that document it will be written as "that i will not ask for visitation rights and i will not ask for custody of child etc ". If they do such things how can i fight back. please any one reply soon.

(Guest)

Ask Salman Khan for advice.

There is lot of power in money.

sheikh (MANAGER)     10 November 2017

Hello Sir, Who is Mr .Salman Khan ? . Can we fight back if they do such illegal things or not ?. I just need visitation rights first. Please let me now . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register