LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mithun Chatterjee   03 November 2017

Admissibility of crpc 125 maintenance order

In a CrPC 125 case, lower court has ordered interim maintenance of Rs. 6000 for wife and 9000 for 2 years old son, in total Rs. 15000 from date of order. My take home salary Rs. 30000. I had been sending monthly expense @ Rs. 6000 already to my wife since separation which MM didnt take cognizance. Hence the basic pre-requisite for the relief under CrPC 125, that neglect in maintenance of wife and child despite having sufficient means, does not arise. So, when there is no cause of action, how MM admitted the false case where my wife knowingly suppressed all the facts and rather gave fabricated statements? Even in the order MM overlooked this aspect despite that I have attached all monthly money transaction receipts.

So, I have challenged the order and filed for revision/appeal at HC. At this condition, am I legally liable to pay any interim maintenance till the dispose of the revision in HC?? Only 05 months arrear pending till date. Can my wife file for execution even though I hv challenged the order??

My main query is that, whether the lower court order comes to stay automatically when it is challenged in higher court??? Please clarify. Am I supposed to disburse the maintenance amount partly/fully even when the order has already been challenged in HC?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 November 2017

You have to pay interim maintenance  till stay order by High court 

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     03 November 2017

Dear Querist

You may file an appeal against that order before the High Court if ordered passed by the family court otherwise before the Session Court.

if it was an interim order for maintenance then you may file an revision before session court or High Court as the case may be.

you have to file an application for stay along with your petition and press on that application on first date by which maintenance order of the trial court will be stayed otherwise you have to continue to pay the maintenance amount.

you may also file an application/complaint under section 340 of Cr.P.C. for the offence of perjury for her false statement or evidence produced before the Hon'ble Trial Court.

Feel Free to Call

Nadeem Qureshi Adv

9953809956, 9899686394

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register