LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sidharth   27 October 2017

PIL Telangana

Sir, before moving into the case, I will present some facts and all the facts are supported by Govt documents that I collected by filing various RTI applications.

(Fact No.1)- OBC(Other Backward Classes) migrants whose caste/community is not present in the State OBC list where the OBC migrant resides, but the caste of the OBC migrant is present in the Central list of OBC. In such a case, OBC certificate can be issued to the OBC migrant by the state Govt even though the caste is not present in the state OBC list but present in the central OBC list. Central Govt has issued orders regarding this in 1994 to the chief secretaries of all the state Govt's and it is valid even today.

(Fact No.2)-In order to get OBC certificate in Telangana, the applicant should submit his OBC application form in Meeseva online centre where the applicant should select his caste/community in the drop down menu in the OBC online applicaton. If his caste is not present in the online OBC application of Meeseva then the applicant cannot submit his OBC application. Thus there is no way an applicant can get his OBC certificate from Telangana state govt if his caste is absent in the online OBC application. This fact was acknowledged by the Mandal Revenu officer in reply to my RTI application in December 2016.

(Fact No.3)-As on date, OBC castes of migrants from other Indian states are absent in the online OBC application of Meeseva(Telangana). Thus OBC migrants are unable to submit their OBC application and as a result they are not getting the OBC certificate.

(Fact No.4)I made a written complaint accompanied by RTI Application to Principal secretary(BC welfare) of Telangana State. The Principal secretary in March 2017 has  acknowledged Fact No.1 and issued orders to CCLA Telangana(Chief Commissioner of Land administration) so as to include the castes of OBC migrants of other Indian states in the online OBC application. CCLA is responsible for maintaining and editing data in online Meeseva from time to time. As on date CCLA still did not add the castes of OBC migrants to online OBC application.

(Fact No.5)-CCLA did not implement orders given by the Principal secretary. So from March 2017,  I filed 3 RTI applications, 2 RTI first appeals and one written complaint in CCLA office. Still they did reply and did not even implement orders given by the Principal secretary(BC welfare Telangana) so as to include OBC castes of migrants in online OBC application. This is pure violation of orders given by state and central Govt because OBC Migrants are being deprived of their right to get OBC certificate.

In this case what can be done. Can a PIL be filed, If so who are the possible respondents. Should an advance notice be sent to the respondents, if so how many days gap should be there before approaching the Court. What is the step by step process to file PIL. Please help. The state Govt authorities are torturing us mentally by not providing us the right to obtain OBC certificate inspite of central Govt orders.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Sir, you can  seek my personal consultation with all material facts, so that after the perusal , appropriate legal opinion can be rendered # Balachander Reddy,B.Com,LL.B,LL.M IPRs, Advocate # 9959850723, HYD.

Phani Krishna   18 August 2018

Hi Siddharth, I have qualified NET exam in obc category and I am facing the same problem regarding issuing of obc certificate. I wish to file writ petition for which the RTI reply from CCLA and the order of principle secretary that you mentioned will help in substantiating my case. If possible please provide me a copy of them or else please call me on the number 9966667402 as Ur experience would help me immensely in getting obc certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register