LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rashesh Shah   23 October 2017

Transfer of name in nominee

my wife is only daughter of her father,after her marriage his father remarry and he died after marriage.he wrote letter in 2012 to society TRF all documents in her daughter name but society did not do. in nomination on daughter is
there since purchase . but her step mother put objection in TRF of share in her name . we have supreme court judgment that nominee get 100/- percent right and daughter is associated member also
plz reply how go ahead

Learning

6 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 October 2017

Legal right as one of the heir of deceased husband exists for the wife and she has one share along with the one daughter who too has one share in all the property and estate of the Hindu man. The Hindu Succession Act 1956 cannot be ignored as the Hindu man died intestate namely without making any Will. Nomination give right to nominee to take physical possession of the nominated property on behalf of all heirs it doesn't make her sole owner of the property.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     23 October 2017

You have misconstrued the meaning of Hon. Supreme Court judgement. Nominee is not an absolute owner but only a trustee of the property and holds the property in trust for the legal heirs. Legally wedded wife has an equal right over the property.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 October 2017

Agreeing with Mr. Vijay Raj Mahajan, Mr. Kishore Mehta:

Did your father in law remarry after death of his 1st wife?

It is believed that they are all Hindu.

Confirm!

Rashesh Shah   24 October 2017

Dear sir His father remarry and his dies after 2 years after marriage.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     24 October 2017

Due to remarriage step mother of your wife has also became the legal heirs of your father in law. Hence step mother is also entitle for properties of your father in law.

Rashesh Shah   24 October 2017

Then pls let me know that my wife is eligible 50 percent in all respect towards bank jewellery and other thing also. If she divided this all

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register