LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

order/judgement

Your honour, once case is heard, the call on date given by court for judgement/order. On the date of judgement counsel of petitioner absent deliberately and conveys to petitioner that go to court, order will be given by judge. But the judge adjourns and call on next date. The petitioner convey's the same to his counsel. Counsel advices petitioner to go on next date. The same happens next date adjourns. Once again petitioner informs the same to his counsel, this time counsel says he is engaged on some other court on the next date. My query 1. The petitioner is eager to get his relief through order, since his counsel not appearing in his case on the date of order business, gets adjourns further. So what is the remedy available to get judgement on the next date itself even if counsel not appears in court? 2.how to make my counsel to come to court to get judgement for me! 3.is there any chance of dismissal order since counsel not appearing for judgement date? Thanks and regards

Learning

1 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     22 October 2017

Its a normal practise in many courts that the final order and judgment get delayed due to pre-occupation of the presiding judge in the court proceedings and not much time in dictating these which takes lot of time going through the complete case file and deciding the various issues and finally deciding the petition followed by giving dictation to the stenographer of the court, checking the printout of judgment/order to check for mistakes if any, before a final print out is taken out, signed and order pronounced in the open court. The certified copies of the judgment, order and decree can be applied by the parties for their records and further proceedings.

The presence of counsels of the parties not required in court and the parties can wait and listen to the pronounced order as when made public in the court by the presiding judge. Not difference it will make if your counsel is present or absent at the time the order pronounced in the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register