Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhasker   06 October 2017

10 hours work in reputed organisation

Hello everyone,

My name is Bhasker and Im working in one of the reputed organisations in Hyderabad.

I had total 5yrs of experience but I have never seen these kind of rules in any organisation.

In this company we have to work for 10 hours!! Due to this we are facing lot of mental and physical pressure. As far as I know that companies are not allowed to make employes work more than 8 hours.

Kindly advise me on this issue. Is there any way to file complaint againt this company. If Yes, then please let me know the process.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 October 2017

1st thing 1st; Determine the enactments applicable to establishment/employer/employee e.g; IT is commercial or Industrial.

Work hours are 8/day=48/week beyond which OT applies.

There is a capping on OT hours.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 October 2017

All affected employees at all levels must download/record irrefutable evidence of demand of work for 10hrs/day/ after 8hours of work………………from day 1 till date…be it SMS, phone calls, emails, and assignments/work/projects etc demanded and completed……..

The employees may ask to pay OT @ double wages, in writing under proper acknowledgment.

Employer should record OT in various prescribed registers/forms and pay along with wages of the month.

Employee should demand OT in reasonable period of time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register