LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Lakshminarayanan   04 October 2017

Property queries

My Father-in-law purchased a piece of land at Coimbatore Tamilnadu in 1975. Half of the price of land was paid by my Father -in-laws brother also and they constructed house by paying equally between themselves. However the land and building was registered in the name of my Father-in-Law. My wife is the only daughter of my Father-in-law with no other brothers /sisters. My Father-in-law expired in 2009. We moved to Delhi in 2010. Now my wife wants to gift the entire property including her share to her cousin sister. However, she is suffering from Cancer and could not go to Coimbatore due to her medical treatment. Can we get a gift deed registered from Delhi for the property situated in Coimbatore.

Learning

5 Replies

manoj   04 October 2017

if you want to solve your query call at cell no 8686159292

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     04 October 2017

Yes, the gift deed can be executed at Delhi but under the gift the ceremony of taking and giving is also essential so by way of Special power of attorney your wife can also depute some person of faith to perform this ceremony in the presence of friends and relatives. Consult a lawyer with details.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 October 2017

It is believed that all involved are Hindu.

Confirm!

Your wife is good person.

Sorry to note her illness.

Wish her a speedy recovery and may all be well.

The self acquired/earned property of deceased HIndu male devolves equally upon his ClassI legal heirs i.e; Mother (if alive as on date of death), Wife (if alive as on date of death), sons, daughters...............

Is your wife sole suriving legal heir of her father!

She can also leave a WILL and may register at her place of residence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register