LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi   05 October 2017

Defamation suit

Somebody has lodged a falls case in civil court that I had Encroached his land and constructed a house on it. So, can I lodge defamation suit on him before the disposal of this case as the case has not started for hearing till date. If yes, than can I lodge defamation suit anywhere in India (because I don't use to live at the place where he has filled the case in court)

Learning

6 Replies

manoj   05 October 2017

call me at 8686159292 to solve your query

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     05 October 2017

Dear Ravi,

The defamation case is not maintainable as the case is not proved as false. you may prosecute for malicious prosecution at later stage.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     05 October 2017

Yes, cause of action for filing defamation case arose only after conclusion of such false case in your favour.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     05 October 2017

Yes, cause of action for filing defamation case arose only after conclusion of such false case in your favour.

Ravi   05 October 2017

Dear nitish sir & kishan sir The case filed by the opponent is falls because of various reasons: 1. He is in possession of that much areas what he has got through sale deed and we have a copy of his sale deed & 712 (Revenue receipt). 2. He is claiming that I've constructed a house on it. However the same house was constructed in 1974.

Ravi   05 October 2017

Amend to read point as follows- "He is claiming that I've constructed a house on it this year. However the same house was constructed in 1974.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register