LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DILIP KUMAR SHARMA (Lawyer)     14 September 2017

admission cancelled

I am a junior council my client who is a girl and minor. she got admission through proper channel to NIT she started studying there and residing in the hostel after depositing all the required fees. Her attendance were also note in the register of the classes and she had also appered in class test. Before mid semester when she tried to download her admit card she found her admit card was not there.
After inquiring she informed by the HOD that you have filled an option of upgradation to higher institute thus you have got BIT meshra.
Neither the institute intimate her that she has got seat in another college nor the CSAB (authority who allots the seats)
Now she is abstain from appearing in the exam all admissions are closed.
still two seats are vacant in her institute were she has started.
My question is this whether principle of estoppel will work or not.
Suggest any case law if any.

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 September 2017

The case is more on material facts.  She can approach HC and can get her admission confirmed.  Before that file RTI Application to Institute and CSAB and seek copy of intimation sent to the candidate with service proof that she secured admission in BIT Meshra.  Similar application can also be filed before BIT Meshra. (Generally no individual intimations are being sent, and website directions are as good as individual intimations, and in this case she has to get the practice being followed by such institute and CSAB while sending intimations)

DILIP KUMAR SHARMA (Lawyer)     15 September 2017

thanks sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register