LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit   06 September 2017

Job resignation

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING WITH A BPO. However i have got a job in a dfferent orgnisation, but the current company is not accepting my resignation, they are insisting to complete 2 months notice period, however in the offer letter its mentioned that i can serve 2 months notice period or 2 months salary thereof. Please help me.

Learning

6 Replies

KS Johal   06 September 2017

If it is mentioned in the offer letter that two month Notice Period or two month salary thereof. In the event that you are not giving two months notice they will deduct two months salary. You must also make sure that the offer letter was signed by both parties and accepted before you began work. Only then the company will be in violation of the contractual obligation. I hope you are providing an adequate reason for leaving the job rather than stating I have found another job. Because stating that you have found a job makes the company feel as he has if you have used them to your own benefit and that they have wasted their time training you or guiding you. But nevertheless that's why two months salary is deducted. You need to understand both sides before mutual agreement can be reached. It is better to solve it this way, rather than going down the legal path, which not only money will be wasted, a lot of time will also be wasted from both sides.

If you have not worked 2 months, as a result, they cannot pay you for two months. Then how can they deduct two months salary? I feel that you need to work two months and then you can leave without salary OR you can pay them two months off your salary (even though you may have not done 2 months). Which means you need to pay them the equivalent of two months salary in cash before you submit your resignation letter.

That is the law, and there is no deviation to that.

Gaurav   06 September 2017

Sir I was working in college only for one month.after that I leave the job my due to misheave of the employer.My probation period was three months.so please suggest me I have right to take my salary or not??

(Guest)
Originally posted by : KS Johal
If it is mentioned in the offer letter that two month Notice Period or two month salary thereof. In the event that you are not giving two months notice they will deduct two months salary. You must also make sure that the offer letter was signed by both parties and accepted before you began work. Only then the company will be in violation of the contractual obligation. I hope you are providing an adequate reason for leaving the job rather than stating I have found another job. Because stating that you have found a job makes the company feel as he has if you have used them to your own benefit and that they have wasted their time training you or guiding you. But nevertheless that's why two months salary is deducted. You need to understand both sides before mutual agreement can be reached. It is better to solve it this way, rather than going down the legal path, which not only money will be wasted, a lot of time will also be wasted from both sides.

Once terms & conditions of appointment accepted, you have to abide by that. No excuse. 

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Gaurav
Sir I was working in college only for one month.after that I leave the job my due to misheave of the employer.My probation period was three months.so please suggest me I have right to take my salary or not??

Check terms & conditions of your appointment. If notice period is mentioned, you was required to serve during notice period also. However, if left without serving notice period, your salary for duty period of course will become due, but recovery for the notice period may also become to be made from yo/ your salary.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register