LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kalpesh   02 September 2017

For obtaining a copy of xerox from court

for defending myself in a false 498a case i need a certified copy of an unexhibited document which was submitted by my x wife in her 125 crpc case and that case was decided one year ago too but the copying department of family court is denying to provide such copy as i want to get a copy of an unexhibited document so what should i do to get it ? can i try rti act ?

Learning

7 Replies

Kasyap Ivaturi   03 September 2017

Ask some Junior Advocate. He can help you.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     03 September 2017

RTI is not applicable in court matters and judicial work. Since document is not exhibited hence you can not get certified copy of the same but you can get copy to copy from the copying agency.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 September 2017

When the exhibit is not marked the exhibit may not be a judicial record, and it should be returned to the person who presented it.  As any record produced by individual is only for information and confirmation of a fact, such document can never be held in fiduciary capacity or confidential.

File RTI Application to Court and seek such exhibit and specifically inform that those exhibits marked are only treated as judicial record as this exhibit is not marked and in their custody, PIO has to provide that copy.  Make a sincere attempt.

1 Like

kalpesh   03 September 2017

respected G.L.N.prasad sir i liked your advise most but as you know if we put a something new query regarding getting information in our rti application the cpio try to drag the matter because of his lack of knowledge sometimes and we have to go for first and second appeals too so it will better for me to put some judgements of suprteme court/high court/cic who are able to prove your advise so can you please share some judgements here regarding this ? they will make my way very easy ...so please share 

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 September 2017

What is this document who is having its custody? You can make application to the Trial Court (where 498A matter is in trial) for production of the said document.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 September 2017

Making an attempt costs Rs.50/- in absence of alternatives. (Rs.25 RTI fee + Rs.17 Regd post)

Registerexperts (company registeration)     12 September 2017

What is this document who is having its custody? You can make application to the Trial Court (where 498A matter is in trial) for production of the said document. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register