LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Needhelp   01 September 2017

Mediation process

My in laws filed an application u/s 482 in allahbad high court where their case has been referred to mediation. I don't have any lawyer in allahabad yet. What can I expect now? Can anyone please brief me on the mediation process in allahabad high court and what I can expect now.

Learning

4 Replies

I'm not sure I'm following . I assume this is the answer to whether I need a lawyer.well, I'm planning to but as of now I don't. Could you please tell me what I can expect now since the case has been referred to mediation?

I'm not sure I'm following . I assume this is the answer to whether I need a lawyer.well, I'm planning to but as of now I don't. Could you please tell me what I can expect now since the case has been referred to mediation?

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     01 September 2017

Im not really sure of the Allahabad High Court process or how different it is from other Courts but mediation is an attempt to settle the matter.  The Mediators will listen to both you and your wife and will try to make the both of you reach an amicable solution. 

Sachin (N.A)     01 September 2017

Originally posted by : Needhelp
My in laws filed an application u/s 482 in allahbad high court where their case has been referred to mediation. I don't have any lawyer in allahabad yet.
What can I expect now? Can anyone please brief me on the mediation process in allahabad high court and what I can expect now.

Mediator will only help both the parties to reach to a amicable solution, and at the end you both need to decide what to do whether to settle or to contest the case.

So, you don't need the lawyer. But incase in between the mediation process you think that you need a lawyer you can request the mediator to arrange a lawyer from legal aid cell. He will arrange the lawyer free of cost

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register